Elmira Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys
A slip and fall is an injury which occurs when someone slips, trips, or falls as a result of a dangerous or hazardous condition through the negligence of a property owner.
When an individual slips and falls on someone else’s property and is injured as a result of a dangerous condition on the property, the land-owner or business proprietor may find himself legally responsible and may be liable for the injuries.
Property owners are responsible for injuries that occur as a result of dangerous or hazardous conditions on their property, which the owner knew about, or should have known about.
DANGEROUS & HAZARDOUS CONDITION DEFINED
Dangerous and hazardous conditions may cause slips and falls due to the accumulation of water, ice, snow, or other liquids, abrupt changes in flooring, raised or cracked sidewalks, poor lighting, or a hidden hazard such as a hidden ground hole.
- A dangerous or hazardous condition may be apparent such as a broken step or railing in a staircase, or it may be hidden such as a ground hole that is overgrown with grass.
- A dangerous or hazardous condition may be permanent such as a two-inch raised area of a sidewalk creating a change in elevation, or it may be a temporary condition such as a spill of liquid in the aisle of a grocery store.
- A dangerous and hazardous condition may even appear to be something normal but be in reality a slippery situation.
DAMAGES FOR SLIP, TRIP, OR FALLS
- Medical bills and expenses incurred as a result of the incident
- Lost income for time away from work
- Recovery of the fair value of any clothing damaged in the incident
- Compensation for pain and suffering as a result of the incident
- General damages
ATTORNEY STEVE PROUDFOOT VIGOROUSLY PROSECUTES CASES INVOLVING SLIPS, TRIPS, AND FALLS
- Our office will advance all costs and has the capital to fully fund all necessary expenses of your case.
- Our office will make extensive efforts to pursue insurance coverage that will provide just compensation for your injuries and damages.
- We don’t get paid until you get paid.
- You don’t have to come to us, we’ll come to you.
Millions of dollars in trial verdicts and settlements have been recovered for our clients for personal injury cases.
If you have been injured as a result of a slip and fall, call us for a FREE consultation.