Sayre Products Liability Attorneys Representing People Injured by Dangerous or Defective Products
Product liability claims are often reported in the media – everything from dangerous medications, defective airbags, and hazardous baby toys. In discussing the hazards of these products, the media unfortunately often overlooks the serious injuries that are suffered by consumers. These injuries are often severe, sometimes resulting in permanent disability, disfigurement, or even death. At Proudfoot Law Firm, our Sayre products liability attorneys help those who have been injured by dangerous or defective products get the compensation they deserve.
Sayre Products Liability Attorneys Handling All Types of Product Defects
It’s helpful to first understand that a defective product isn’t necessarily broken. Instead, a defective product is one that is dangerous to consumers when used in the way it was intended. Generally speaking, there are three ways in which a product can be defective:
- Design defects: these are defects in the way the product was designed rendering it inherently dangerous for consumers. For example, brake pads that have been poorly designed may fail under heavy braking and cause an accident.
- Manufacturing defects: these are defects that occur during the manufacturing process that cause the product to become dangerous. For example, a medication may be safe for consumers as designed, but it is later discovered that impurities in the manufacturing process caused dangerous side effects.
- Failure to warn or disclosure defects: this can include defects in the product’s user manual, assembly instructions, or packaging that fail to warn users of known hazards. A manufacturer of a space heater has an obligation to warn consumers that prolonged, unattended use of their product can lead to a fire.
Many products can be defective in more than one way. Regardless, it can be difficult to establish that the product that caused your injury is actually defective. Our Sayre products liability attorneys can review your case and determine whether you have a claim that may entitle you to compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Recovery for Defective Product Injuries
You may be entitled to compensation if you have suffered an injury as a result of using a dangerous or defective product. Product liability cases are judged according to a strict liability standard which means that you do not need to prove that the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer was negligent in any way. Instead, you must only prove the following:
- The product was defective in one of the ways noted above; and
- The defect caused your injury.
If you can prove those two elements, you may then be entitled to compensation for the following:
- All of your medical expenses caused by your injury including future treatment
- Your lost income if your injuries caused you to miss work or prevent you from working
- Your pain and suffering
While this sounds straightforward, we should emphasize that product liability claims are extraordinarily complex. If you have been injured from using a defective product, our Sayre products liability attorneys can help you prove your claim.
Contact the Sayre Products Liability Attorneys at Proudfoot Law Firm Today
At Proudfoot Law Firm, we have extensive experience in helping people recover fair compensation for the injuries caused by dangerous products. To discuss your case and how we can help, contact us today at 607-734-3400 to schedule a free consultation.