Sayre Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Protecting the Rights of Injured Riders
Because of their size and the exposure of the rider, motorcycle accidents typically result in much more serious injuries than the average car accident and are far more likely to result in death. In addition, motorcycle accidents often have unique causes and challenges that require special consideration in order to successfully pursue a claim. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the Sayre motorcycle accident lawyers at Proudfoot Law Firm can help you get the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
One of the biggest hazards facing motorcyclists is that they are less visible to other vehicles on the road. As a result, many motorcycle accidents are caused by the following:
- Left-turn accidents where another vehicle makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Unsafe lane changes where another vehicle sideswipes a motorcycle or forces them off the road or into oncoming traffic when they move into the rider’s lane.
- Head-on collisions when a vehicle moves into the oncoming lane to pass another vehicle and collides with the rider headed in the opposite direction.
Unrelated to visibility, another common cause of motorcycle accidents is tailgating. Most drivers fail to recognize that a motorcycle can stop in a much shorter distance than they can. If the rider has to stop suddenly, the tailgating driver cannot stop in time and rear-ends the motorcycle.
In addition to these causes that are somewhat unique to motorcycles, many motorcycle accidents are the result of the typical causes of motor vehicle accidents such as the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Aggressive or reckless driving
To successfully pursue your claim, you need to prove that the other driver was negligent. This is why it is so important to work with a lawyer who understands motorcycle accident cases. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Proudfoot Law Firm have the knowledge and experience you need to get the compensation you deserve.
You May Be Entitled to Compensation if You Were Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle riders often suffer severe injuries including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and concussions. At Proudfoot Law Firm, our Sayre motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get compensation for the following losses:
- Your medical expenses, especially any out-of-pocket or uncovered expenses such as copays or deductibles.
- Any lost income you have suffered as a result of being unable to work due to your injuries.
- The cost to repair or replace your motorcycle as a result of your accident.
- Your pain and suffering arising from your injuries, inability to work, or the challenges you now face in your daily life.
It’s important to note that insurance will not necessarily cover all of your losses. In addition, most non-lawyers settle their claims for far less than they are actually worth. Our Sayre motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you need to be made whole.
Contact Our Sayre Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should speak with an attorney before making any decisions about your case. The Sayre motorcycle accident lawyers at Proudfoot Law Firm can review your case and help you understand your options. To schedule a free consultation, contact us online or call us today at 607-734-3400.