Corning Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Lawyer Representing Corning, NY
Car accidents in New York happen when you least expect them. One minute, you’re making your sedate way down the road in slow-moving traffic, the next, you’re in a fender bender you didn’t see coming. Although traffic collisions may seem routine, we have seen enough at Proudfoot Law Firm to know a serious crash can devastate you and your loved ones. What’s even worse is you never know when the serious ones will happen. That is why our Corning car accident attorney can help defend you.
We advise road users to always drive with the utmost care and the requisite personal injury protection. This way, you’re prepared for all possible occurrences. But what happens when you’ve taken all precautions and still suffer loss or injury in a car accident caused by another?
That’s where the Corning NY car accident lawyers at Proudfoot Law Firm come in. We have helped many people and their families recover after a New York car accident. No amount of money can undo the trauma or hurt of a car crash, but we can help you recover enough to ease your financial burdens and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Contact us today to find out how our Corning car accident lawyers can help you. Call us at (607) 734-3400 today.
Common causes of car accidents
Car accidents happen due to several factors. More often than not, these are due to the fault of one or more drivers or issues with the vehicle itself. The most common causes of car accidents include the following:
- Driver error or negligence: Driver error accounts for the greater percentage of car accidents. Some of the errors in litigation include failure to yield right of way, following too closely, excessive speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence.
- Road defect or negligent design: Surprisingly, road defect also accounts for its own share of accidents. These cases can involve the design of the roadway itself, such as poorly designed on/off ramps and inadequate means of controlling traffic. They can also involve activity on the roadway by official authorities such as construction or maintenance default that leads to an accident.
- Manufacturing defect: Automobile accidents may also involve a unique class of claims bordering on product liability. These claims involve a defect in the engineering of a motor vehicle. These may include tire blowout, brake failure or failure of airbags.
Third-party fault: On some occasions, car accidents are due to neither the fault of the other driver or the manufacturer. A failure to properly service a vehicle even after it has been delivered for service may fall here.
What kind of compensation can our Corning NY car accident lawyers help you recover?
Our skilled attorneys can help you pursue and recover financial compensation for the damage you have suffered after a car accident. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, these may include:
- Cost of medical treatment
- Future medical bills
- Cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- Cost of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
When you contact us, our first step will be to investigate the circumstances of the car accident. We will visit the scene of the accident, speak to witnesses and take pictures of the scene.
Once we have established the facts of the accident, we will help you determine what the best course for compensation should be. Whether this will involve drawing on your personal injury protection or filing a claim against the at-fault party, you can rest assured that we will fight aggressively on your behalf.
Get In Touch With Our Corning Car Accident Attorney Today
Give yourself the best chance at recovering full and fair compensation. Reach out to our Corning NY car accident lawyers today. We will not collect a dime until you get paid. Call us on (607) 734-3400 to schedule a free and confidential case review today.